How nice it feels to wrap yourself in a soft, absorbent bath towel as soon as you get out of the shower! But not all towels are the same. Even the towels look super soft in the store, maybe deflating after just one or two washing times. However, with a trained and good eye, you will be able to find quality bath towels or spa towels in no time.
While there are many other varieties and blends out there, cotton is still the best fiber for towels because it absorbs so much water. This magic ingredient can store up to 27 times its own weight in liquid and high-quality raw materials are the key to luxury towels.
Here are the most common types and sizes of towels:
Whether out of the bathroom, relaxing by the pool, or wrapping up a spa, bath towels are essential for most massages, salons, bed and breakfasts, and hospitality businesses. The general size is 27″x54″. Oversized bath towels are sometimes called bath sheets and will be around 32″x60″ and up.
Hand towels are what you usually find hanging near a sink in a luxury hotel or restaurant. The size is around 16 “x30”. You will find this practical size most common in spas, fitness centers, hair salons, and of course in the bathroom.
Small square towels are about 13″x13″ in size and are mostly used to wash face, hands, feet or body. Rectangular washcloths are sometimes called Fingertip towels. These towels occur most often in restaurants, hotels, and bars.
Compare Pros & Cons Top Catalog
- Cotton fabric
- Quality threading.
- Stylish colors.
- Soft bath towel.
- Leaves a ton of lint during first washing.
- Received a slightly different color on purchase.
Then, how is the right way to choose good quality? The following is an explanation:
1. Choosing a towel that suits your needs, the selection of a wide towel for bathing can cover the body. It is better not to use a towel for the body together with the face.
2. The selection of a good towel is with 100% cotton so that maximum absorption.
3. Choose a towel with moderate softness, because the towel is too soft has poor absorption.
4. Do not be tempted to buy a towel just because the picture and the motive are good, even though the absorption of the towel is not good.
5. Selection of tight fibrous towels to be comfortable to wear and not easily torn.
6. Wash towels that have just been purchased before use to remove dirt and dust. We recommend washing up to 2 times the process so that dirt and dust completely disappear.
7. The correct use of towels is to clean it at least once a week to avoid the bacteria that cause fungus.
Feel your towel. Are they soft? Or are they rude? If the towel has a soft, velvety feel and is a little heavy for it, it is good quality. If the towel is rough or feels like a canvas, the quality is low. You also need to check the size. If you are tall or large, look for bath towels that are larger than the average towel size and dry yourself quickly more easily.