- Amazon is hiring for more than 3,000 advertising jobs.
- The bulk of jobs are in performance marketing but there are a growing number of TV ad roles.
- Insider compiled salary data from 2020 and 2021 H1-B visas to see how much the roles pay.
Amazon continues to grow its advertising ambitions to rival Google’s and Facebook’s dominance — evidenced by the ballooning number of advertising roles the e-commerce giant is looking to fill.
Amazon’s career website lists 3,092 advertising jobs across 11 different teams with the most open positions in software development; sales, advertising, and account management; and technical product management. While hiring trends fluctuate depending on the time of year and company, Amazon’s advertising push is up significantly from last year, when Amazon’s career website listed 800 advertising positions.
Performance advertising makes up the bulk of Amazon’s ad business, but the recruitment efforts show Amazon’s growing ambitions to go after TV ad budgets, where marketers tend to favor soft metrics like brand awareness. Twenty-seven percent of the openings for Amazon’s advertising roles are for performance advertising, 18% are part of the multichannel advertising team, and 2.4% are for its ad-supported
service IMDb TV.
Amazon does not share salary information publicly. To find out how much employees make, Insider matched federally disclosed data on Amazon’s 2020 and 2021 H-1B visa holders of jobs including marketing, sales, and account management. The data includes salaries from the fourth quarter of 2020 through the third quarter of 2021. While the data solely includes salaries from foreign workers in the US, it gives job seekers an idea of salary expectations. (To see the salaries and titles at more companies, look at Insider’s salary database).
Below are a few types of roles and salaries for specific titles.
Sales, advertising, and account management
Amazon is hiring for more than 500 employees with titles like advertising account managers, account executives, and media sales managers.
These are some of the positions and the range of what visa holders make.
- Ad sales rep II: $88,800
- Ads account manager: $49,213 to $94,000
- Ads account manager II: $67,766 to $120,000
- Ads account manager III: $117,680 to $180,000
- Cloud technical account manager: $87,298 to $155,000
- Senior cloud technical account manager: $107,307 $150,093
Market research analysts and marketing specialists
Amazon has 64 roles open within business intelligence, which includes titles like business analysts and data scientists.
Here’s a look at the salaries of business intelligence employees, according to what visa holders make.
- Sales analyst I: $44,179 to $58,261
- Sales analyst II: $83,100
- Sales operation I: $110,000 to $120,000
- Sales operation II: $85,800 to $145,000
- Sales operation III: $148,000
- Sales representative II: tech: $120,500
- Sales representative III: $175,000
Amazon is hiring for 128 marketing roles within the advertising department, including a product marketing manager for promotions and a senior content and design manager
Visa holders with titles related to marketing managers made:
- Tech sales representative II: $122,600 to $177,100
- Tech principal sales: $180,000
- Tech senior manager: $160,000
There are 65 open advertising roles across two engineering teams: the operations, IT and support engineering team and the systems, quality, and security engineering team.
Some of the salaries for related roles that visa holders have include:
- Enterprise account engineer II: $124,080 to $144,777
- Enterprise account engineer III: $123,614 to $184,400