— Jessica Shapiro will join LiveRamp as its chief marketing officer. Shapiro is marketing veteran, previously working in leadership roles at companies including Microsoft, Starbucks, Zulily, and SAP Concur. She was most recently a vice president at Bellevue, Wash.-based startup Icertis.
Shapiro will manage global marketing for LiveRamp, a publicly traded data management company serving large enterprises. Its revenue is expected to surpass $500 million this fiscal year. The company is based in San Francisco; Shapiro will remain in Seattle.
“In this complex industry, there is no company better positioned than LiveRamp to make it safe and easy to deliver breakthrough growth with data,” Shapiro said in a statement.
Martin spent more than eight years at Providence in Seattle, where he led the health nonprofit’s venture capital arm Providence Ventures and its internal startup incubator.
Martin is also a former Amazon executive who previously built the company’s self-publishing and print-on-demand business for Kindle North America.
Amazon has rolled out several healthcare-related products and services, including a virtual care platform called Amazon Care, as well as Amazon Pharmacy. Late last year Amazon consolidated its healthcare groups under Amazon senior executive Neil Lindsay, a key figure in the growth of the company’s Kindle and Prime businesses. Martin will report to Lindsay.
Other personnel changes across the Pacific Northwest tech industry:
- João Freitas departed from Defined.ai, a Seattle-based artificial intelligence startup, where he served as the chief technology officer. He is now general manager at PagerDuty. Russ Vetrano, another Defined exec, left in February.
- Shari Doherty, a former director of PR at Amazon, joined Andreessen Horowitz as marketing partner for the firm’s crypto team.
- Nick Milne-Home and Mostafa Ahmed joined a Seattle-area enterprise mentoring platform Chronus as chief revenue officer and chief financial officer, respectively.
- John Nelson, former Centric Consulting business development lead, joined TalentReach as strategic accounts executive focused on premium staff augmentation.
- Nirav H. Shah, Alertive Healthcare founder and a general manager at Carbon Health, joined TENZR Health’s advisory board. TENZR specializes in tech-enabled physical therapy devices.
- Raymond Silverstien joined the advisory board of Seattle real estate startup CityBldr as the global development operations lead for Starbucks.
- Urvit Goel, previously a senior manager at Amazon, joined Polygon Technology as vice president of gaming business development. Charnjit Bansi also joined as vice president of game design.
- Suhas Narayanaswamy, principal at Lewis and Clark AgriFood, joined the board of IUNU, a Seattle agtech startup.
- Julia Williams, an eye care industry veteran, joined Visus Therapeutics, a Seattle-area pharmaceutical company, as vice president of clinical and medical affairs.
- Sarah Gregory joined doxo, a Seattle-area company that helps people pay bills, as vice president of people. Rob Stone also joined as vice president of operations.
GeekWire Managing Editor Taylor Soper contributed to this story.